Hello

April 6, 2015

Change Wallpaper with a batch file

I would like to change the wallpaper on a machine by running a batch file. Here is what I have so far
:
I have a script that is copying over wallpaper.bmp to c:\wallpaper.bmp



I have the following reg key changing:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"Wallpaper"="C:\\wallpaper.bmp"

             
1:
2:







But the wallpaper doesnt seem to be changing. I have verified the file is there, and the regkey has changed. I have also tried to log off and log back on, but the registry reverts back to the way it was.

I found a post that suggested running the following command to refresh the desktop (but that hasnt worked either)
%SystemRoot%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE user32.dll, UpdatePerUserSystemParameters

                                
1:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Cluelinks 2

DCMA

"The page which contains various sites to collect information's and pictures. and the admin will not responsible for any of this page source.. this is a promotional blog only...We cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this blog without further investigation" -The Admin